Friday 10 September 2010

Video Skills Audit

1. Organisation skills
These are vital to media studies, and help support every other skill. Therefore, I should improve my organisation skills, as I usually leave it up to other members of the group.
I could improve this by taking the initiative and begin to arrange meetings etc before other people choose to. Its difficult to measure this unless you record who arranges and organises what, so to show improvement, I should also do this.

2. Creativity
Again, this is another important part of media studies, so it would be wise to improve this. Its also difficult to measure this, but by comparing my earlier media work to the final project, I will be able to tell whether or not I have improved creatively. As it usually takes me awhile to develop any initial ideas, I should also focus on building basic ideas and plans.

3. Continuity
Honestly, I lack the mind to mentally picture a scene, and this shows in my filming, as I rarely consider continuity prior to actually filming.
This skill is easy to improve, as I just need to work on developing my storyboards further, such as adding extra details.

4. Lighting/Sound
Both of these are fairly similar, and I could definitely improve upon both. Practise during filming with lighting equipment will help me to improve, just by seeing how different angles affect the film. Sound falls into a similar category, of being aware of the surroundings during filming.

5. Editing Accuracy
Although I have some experience with video editing software, I am unfamiliar with Adobe Premiere. Because of this, I should practise more, as the program is different to what im used to. Personally, I think all the skills about post production apply to me because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment